Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sorry

I was a bit curmudgeonly last night, for which I’m sorry. I finished reading The Mysterious Island yesterday afternoon and I didn’t realise how much it had affected me. Not only had one of the reviewers at Amazon ruined a big surprise in the ending, but I’d really begun to rely on the book to cheer me up. It wasn’t a book that changes lives but it was a book that reaffirmed something about life, and for that reason it was so much more welcome.

I have little planned today but I'll try to be more optimistic and try to remember that ever thong has a silken lining. Or something like that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doh ! Doh ! Doh !

I personally think anyone who gives away the ending of a book or film, or spoils it in some other way, by giving away a secret flaw in a key character should be hung, drawn and quartered.

It is totally inexcusable...

That said, I rather wish someone had given away the ending of a 'The life of pi' by Yann Martell..