Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Well that's it then...

Well the voting is over and though there are still votes to be counted, it looks like I placed last. Or next to last, which is as good as last for a man who has Golden Thong awards cluttering his trophy case. I don't know if I should feel proud that you followed by overly complicated instructions by not voting for me, or depressed that yet again, the world has expressed a preference for the Wife in the North rather than a stripper in the west.

I'm going to bed where I am going to cry into my pillow before I dream of miraculous shifts in election results in the morning...

This feeling of rejection makes me feel so Lib Dem...

6 comments:

Ms Baroque said...

Chip thanks to you I discovered that I too had been nominated... only once! and in one category! (And not consistently most entertaining! Though that could be the poetry.)

Co-commiserations.

Oh and btw I read that Wife in the North blog once. As I said to someone at the time, I'f that's what people want, I'm cooked.

Trixy said...

I nominated you, Chippy! Having seen that thrusting, how could I not?

Big Chip Dale said...

Ms. Baroque, oh I believe you were in my nominations. Can't remember categories but you were there...

The Wife just makes me miserable and it's too sunny today to feel down.

And Trixy, many thanks. I also notice you've joined the SausageSpace ad scheme. I'm so happy! Don't forget that I get 10% referrer fee for every sale you make.

rilly super said...

chip, surely a golden thong is worth a thousand blogpowers, and yet requires a so much smaller mantlepiece.

Ms Baroque, I really don't know what you could not have enjoyed over at Wife in the North. Sometimes, when I'm struggling to write Strife in the North, it's her inspiration that keeps me going. It's grim up north, you know

Daily Referendum said...

Chip, well done for getting through the nomination stage.

Big Chip Dale said...

I didn't realise I had. And to think I've spent my afternoon in a local bar drowning my sorrows!

I'll have to post on this most unexpected development.

(PS. Please vote for me!)