Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm Back and Bruised

The hammer injury was bad. The stomach upset was much worse. I’ve not had a good few days and I’ve barely written a thing.

But the important news is that I’m back, feeling a little worse for wear, but otherwise in good spirits. I can even type again, with both hands. My swollen thumb has returned to its normal proportions and doesn’t keep painfully hitting the spacebar.

I'm still at something of a loss to know how this whole disaster befell me. All I do know is that despite my inability to do any kind of manual work, Gabby asked me to help her put a new door on her allotment shed. That was on Friday morning. I put on my most hard-wearing denim thong and set to work. On Friday afternoon, I managed to smack the top of my thumb with a claw hammer.

It has at least taught me a lesson about life. Men who are trained to dance, should dance. Those trained to labour, should labour. I’ve commented often on the terrible injuries suffered by those untrained in thongaleering arts, so there should be little surprise when a man suffers from his total inability to hit a nail into a piece of wood.

4 comments:

Mopsa said...

That green tinge is very alarming - gangrene would leave you sans digit.....

Unknown said...

Gangrene, deary me. I thyink professionals are the way to go from now on Chippy old boy.

Rich Tee said...

Really Chippy.

I mean - we enjoy hearing about it but do you really have to post a picture of it?

Oh no. Wait a minute. I think I'm getting a bit mixed up here.

Ms Baroque said...

Really Chippy. See, you've left this post with its tres disturbing - if you don't mind my saying - illustration up for so long that we all have no choice but to comment on it if we ever want you to make it go away.

I for one do feel your pain and I hope that goes without saying. I hope you feel better. Maybe if typing is too hard you could dictate something to Gabby; I rather fancy having a go at reading some Romanglish...