Monday, September 03, 2007

Walrus and Fox

Give me an hour or so and those of you who’ve asked to see what’s inside Walrus Clogs will get invites for the new blog.

I’m only sorry it’s taken me so long to get it up and running. I’ve not had much chance to do much of anything this weekend. Gabby insisted that I help her clean out her allotment shed and I spent my whole Sunday up to my ears in bags of fertilizer and cans of chicken lubricant. We did see a fox, though, which appeared from the thicket that runs along the end of the allotments. It was amazing to see so rare a creature up close. Its pelt was so red and glistened with rainwater brushed from the low hanging leaves. The appearance of the fox made me realise how lucky I am to live so near to the countryside. Then it made for the chickens and Gabby managed to stun it with her spade before finishing it off with her Rambo knife. For my part, I was shocked to see how casually she dispatched the poor animal, but I didn’t say a word when she began to skin it. That’s just Gabby. She’s a woman who doesn’t understand compassion and has a personal vendetta against the RSPCA.

2 comments:

kate said...

Love your new look, ;-)

Big Chip Dale said...

I'm glad you think so. I did worry that people would think my buttocks are too much.